Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Zumba

I went today for my first hour of exercise at the senior's centre here in Tepic.
This was done on the advice of my psychologist to
a) improve my fitness level and distract me from my grief
b) get me out among people, to widen my range of acquaintances here. From 0 to something I guess.

I bicycled there on my new airless tires, which I am gradually getting used to as in, they don't feel so strange anymore. The 8 o'clock class did not begin until 8:15.

The instructor was a nice young woman who had little difficulty in quickly welcoming me, although I must have seemed rather exotic to her, this enormous Canadian, towering over the rest of her class.

The class consisted of about 15 ladies also about my age, and 3 men.

We did some rather uncomplicated aerobic/dance stuff for about 3/4 of an hour, and then a quick cooldown.

I have to say that overall it was time well spent. I felt better, more alert and less tired afterward. I shall do it again tomorrow.

Why it is called Zumba id a complete mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment