Saturday, November 21, 2009

Independence Day Parade





Yesterday was the Independence Day Parade downtown. I went there to take photographs of my Zumba class, which will are displayed above. One of the photos is of the English class which I have begun to assist with.Aside from that, it was quite the longest parade I have ever seen. I watched about 1-1/2 hours of it and then could take no more.

It was hot, too downtown. And I broke two spokes on my bicycle coming back, because I was tired and used the damn throttle. Just too much torque on those little spokes I guess, asking them to support my weight while the tiny motor struggled to heave my bulk along. So I would have to give the day mixed reviews. It was nice to be with happy enthusiastic people though.

The class was happy to see me, and I only got out of participating in the parade myself by saying that I wanted to take some action photos of them marching. One does not go from being an almost complete recluse to rabid exhibitionist overnight.

Today I shall go to Mazatlan, to visit friends. I think I will take the bus. The tolls on the Autopista are prohibitive. I shall miss the car, but taxis are cheap enough.

At the parade, it was great to see so many happy people. The state police marched as well. I felt kind of sorry for all the participants, because after 1-1/2 hours of marching in the sun, they seemed really hot, tired and dehydrated.


Now I shall have to order more spokes from Canada, to repair my bicycle. I shall order a complete set, with some extra.


No comments:

Post a Comment